Social Media House Rules
The adidas social media pages are intended for you, so that you can come and join the conversation, connect with other people and have fun sharing your thoughts and ideas. In our online social media communities, we want everyone to be able to feel comfortable, which means that there are rules of play even here. Please be respectful of the entire community by complying with the terms and policies of the social media site, as well as these adidas House Rules and the terms and conditions of the adidas website - available here: http://www.adidas.com/com/pages/legal/terms-conditions
To ensure that everyone coming on to our pages may enjoy a positive experience we ask that you do not post any content or comments (including photos and videos) which fall into any of the categories identified below:
1. Threatening, harassing, abusive, violent, inciting violence or otherwise inflammatory to others (including other social media users)
2. Encouraging or may encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence
3. Discriminatory, racist, sexually explicit, vulgar, or offensive to others (including other social media users)
5. Promotional information, including links to third parties or their products or services
6. Political or religious activism
7. Infringes or may infringe third party intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights
9. False, fraudulent, or misleading
10. Spam, corrupt, contains viruses
11. Off topic or unrelated to adidas
Please understand that any posts which appear to fall into any of the above categories or which we believe are otherwise not in accordance with the terms and policies of the social media site concerned and/or which we otherwise deem inappropriate for our social media communities, will be deleted or hidden from the view of other users without prior notification and may result in you being reported to the social media site and/or banned from accessing our social media pages in the future.
adidas does not necessarily endorse and is not responsible for the accuracy of any remarks, opinions, comments, suggestions and other information expressed or included in user comments and posts on our social media pages.
Should you spot any content or comments posted on our social media pages which you believe is not in accordance with either these House Rules, the terms and policies of the social media site concerned or the terms and conditions of the adidas website (including user content which infringes or may infringe third party intellectual property rights) then please report it here: http://www.adidas.com/com/pages/service/contact-us/ We agree to make good faith efforts to investigate any such reports and shall take such action as we decide is appropriate in the circumstances.
adidas may change the House Rules (in whole or part) at any time and without prior notification.
Finally, please be aware that adidas reserves the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose without compensation to you any content or comments that you post on our social media pages, including any ideas or information relating to adidas products.
We are excited to have you in our social media community and we look forward to hearing your thoughts.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – @adidasUK #allin for 3stripes
1. Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry and the entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions. By entering into the Competition you (and your parent or legal guardians if applicable) agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right, at its discretion, to exclude entrants and/or the winners if he/she does not comply with any of these terms and conditions.
2. The Competition is open to all UK residents excluding employees of the Promoter, its associated companies, families, agencies or any other persons to whom they are professionally connected.
3. To enter the Competition, any time between 09:00am and 17:00pm on Friday 15 March 2013 entrants must: (i) ‘follow’ or already follow @adidasUK on Twitter; (ii) tweet a picture containing 3 stripes; and (iii) include @adidasUK and #allin in the qualifying tweet. Internet or Wi-Fi access is required.
4. No purchase necessary.
5. One entry per Twitter account. If more than one entry is received only the first entry will be accepted. Any entry made using false or dishonest information will be disqualified.
6. Any entries not meeting the above criteria and the specific terms of entry for the Competition shall be invalid. The Promoter will not be liable for any entries which are not received or which are corrupted for any reason.
7. The Promoter’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. There will be a maximum of 5 prize winners who will each win one ‘3stripe goody back’ (contents to be decided at the Promoter’s absolute discretion). Prizes are subject to availability.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value in the event that the prize described above cannot be provided to a winner.
10. The Promoter will select the winners at random from all correctly completed and submitted entries on or around Friday 15 March 2013 and the Promoter will notify the winners via their respective Twitter accounts. The winners will be asked to provide a telephone number and email address which will be used by the Promoter to contact the winners. On such contact, the winners will be required to provide their name and postal address. If a winner cannot be contacted, fails to confirm acceptance of the prize within 4 hours of being notified or cannot make use of the prize for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
11. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any disappointment incurred or suffered as a result of entry into the Competition.
12. Details of the winners’ names and locations will be available between Monday 25 March 2013 and Monday 22 April 2013 by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to adidas (UK) Limited, Customer Care, PO Box 1512, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 3YB.
13. The Promoter will liaise with the winner regarding delivery of the prize.
14. The Promoter will pay for delivery of the prizes to the winners although the Promoter will not be liable for the acts or omissions of any postal service provider or courier.
15. The prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative will be given.
16. By entering the Competition, you agree that if you are chosen as a prize winner you will allow the Promoter to use your name, photograph, video, voice recording and general location for publicity, news and promotional purposes in any and all media during this and any future promotions or advertising.
17. Entrants to the Competition can retract their submitted entry by ceasing to be a follower of @adidasUK on Twitter.
18. The Promoter shall not be responsible or liable for any expenses incurred by the winners over and above the prizes offered above.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to change, alter or withdraw the Competition at any time.
20. Competition winners agree not to sell, offer to sell or use their prize for any commercial or promotional purpose (including placing their prize on an internet auction site).
21. The Promoter has the right to refuse any Competition entry from any individual if their Twitter account contains material which is offensive (including the use of foul language) or defamatory, or incites and/or promotes violence or hatred or which discriminates, threatens or infringes the rights of third parties, or which the Promoter deems in its sole discretion is otherwise unacceptable.
22. Competition winners participate in and use their prize at their own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership and/or use of any Competition prize.
23. The Promoter will use the information which you provide or which we obtain from our dealings with you, to administer the Competition. They may also use it to tell you about their products and offers, and for market research including analysis and development of their products and customer relationships. If you do not wish the Promoter to use your information for such purpose, then please indicate this by ceasing to be a follower of @adidasUK on Twitter or email [email@example.com.].
24. If any of these terms and conditions are found by a competent court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, that term or condition shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
25. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: adidas (UK) Limited, The adidas Centre, Pepper Road, Hazel Grove, Stockport, SK7 5SA;
Social Media House Rules
The adidas social media pages are intended for you, so that you can come and join the conversation, connect with other people and have fun sharing your thoughts and idea…